24 2 / 2013
Here are a few strength training tips for women. If you have any questions on topics that are not on this list, feel free to inbox me!
1. Don’t focus too much on cardio. It’s great, and it has its place, but if you want to reach your goals you have to lift heavy, too.
2. Don’t be afraid to lift heavy. You are not going to bulk up, but you will get strong and look awesome.
3. Doing crunches and v-sits and leg raises are not going to make you lose fat in your belly or lose your love handles. Eat clean. It starts in the kitchen. And then hit up the gym and workout intensely. Make yourself sweat, push your limits. You will see results. Do planks and full sit-ups. Hanging leg raises, toe to bars.
4. Invest in a good pair of shoes. Good shoes make all of the difference in the world. If you’re a runner, get good running shoes. If you’re training in the gym, get good trainer shoes. If you’re into Olympic lifting, get good Olympic lifting shoes.
5. Biceps curls are awesome and all, but isolation movements aren’t as important as you might think. Do pull-ups instead. It’s more useful for every day life.
6. Don’t be intimidated by the gym. Take control. Figure out what you want and go for it, don’t let being self conscious, or lack of experience turn you off. Hire a personal trainer. Join a CrossFit gym, or a group fitness class of some sort. You won’t regret it.
7. Get somebody to show you how to squat properly. Feet should be hip width apart, toes out slightly (like five degrees) and flex at the hips to start the movement. Plush your knees out to the side in the bottom of the squat. Go below parallel! This is not bad for you. This is the proper way to perform a squat. If you were only ever to do one exercise for the rest of your life… Squat.
8. Don’t believe everything you hear. Don’t believe all of the myths, and silly ideas, and false facts. Do the research. Understand the science behind exercise and heavy lifting. You will go much farther.
9. If you’re lifting heavy, don’t be afraid to invest in proper gear. Long socks for rope climbs and dead lifting. Wrist wraps for overhead squats, snatches, and push press, etc. They will all aid you and help you to become better at what you do.
10. You can do it. You can perform those unassisted pull-ups. You can climb the rope. You can do hand stand push-ups. You can snatch 130lbs. Just put your mind to it and stick with it. Don’t let people tell you that it isn’t possible, because it is.
- penchantforfitness reblogged this from choosepositivity
- spectrum-auroa reblogged this from elisetheviking
- spectrum-auroa likes this
- katefendyk likes this
- unspokenreflections likes this
- jesshealthy likes this
- litchick-gettinfit likes this
- passavantsridge reblogged this from elisetheviking
- poissvn likes this
- dangerousbuilding likes this
- sweatinmyeyes reblogged this from blast-le-fat
- blast-le-fat reblogged this from dontstopfitness
- bogoshipo likes this
- perfectionproject reblogged this from dontstopfitness
- blunt-teeth likes this
- old-robotsquats reblogged this from elisetheviking
- poplitealfossa likes this
- insayneindamembrayne likes this
- fitachious likes this
- justgoodvibes likes this
- be-healthy-4life reblogged this from fitandfab-forlife
- fitandfab-forlife reblogged this from oneburpeeatatime
- sunsetswithshootingstars likes this
- thepinkbagblog reblogged this from dontstopfitness
- danii-banani reblogged this from out-of-our-weigh
- boomsnazzy likes this
- glowskinandbeauty reblogged this from dontstopfitness and added:
- coourtney-dunn likes this
- 6zom6bie6 likes this
- nein-tails reblogged this from castleofpoems
- challengeyourselftohealthy reblogged this from castleofpoems
- pastelcupcake likes this
- castleofpoems reblogged this from dontstopfitness and added:
- actionsexpresspriority likes this
- withlovemegan likes this
- sernama likes this
- liftlivelovelife reblogged this from dontstopfitness
- straightupginger likes this
- dig-deeper-run-faster reblogged this from pokutes-revenge
- pokutes-revenge reblogged this from elisetheviking
- secretparade likes this
- ereesepieces reblogged this from elisetheviking
- monteretsain reblogged this from choosepositivity
- wmint likes this